For those of you wanting to get started flyfishing on a bit of a budget I am going to review some reasonable priced reels. They also have rods to match some of the reels so you can get a match set. With reel prices starting under $50.00 you can’t go wrong. All the reels I have reviewed are made of quality materials with all the features you will ever need.
Piscifun® Sword Fly Fishing Reel
You will be amazed at the performance, price and value of the Sword series. It features CNC-machined 6061-T6 aluminum alloy construction, hard anodized finish, easy-to-adjust drag system and lightweight design, which makes them winner reels in the similar price range.
- SOLID and LIGHTER WEIGHT – Precision CNC-machined 6061-T6 aluminum alloy for high-impact durability; Larger CNC hollow design makes the reel lighter than ordinary ones.
- SILKY SMOOTH DRAG – Multi-disc cork and stainless steel drag system with a one-way clutch bearing for smooth immediate drag engagement. Accurate click drag and silent retrieve.
- CORROSION RESISTANCE – Hard anodized for surface protection increases abrasion resistance and weather fastness; Cold forged and tempered for superior strength and rigidity.
- Mid-ARBOR DESIGN – Reducing line memory while also facilitating lightning-quick line pickup.
Price $49.85 usd
Avalible in Gunmetal, Grey,Black and Pink
In 3/4, 5/6, 7/8, 9/10
check it out here PISCIFUN
Piscifun® AOKA Fly Fishing Reel
The AOKA series is for those budget-minded trout anglers looking for a machined frame, disc drag, mid arbor reel. The AOKA is the same quality bar stock aluminum as our popular trout series reels. This reel deserves a serious look for under $50!
- Strong all-aluminum construction
- Mid arbor design for rapid line retrieval
- Rugged disc drag for putting serious pressure on the fish
- One-way bearing for quick and easy left-to-right hand retrieval switch
Price $39.95 usd
availible in Black
In 5/6, 7/8
you can find it here PISCIFUN
Piscifun® PLATTE Fly Fishing Reel Large Arbor
A little higher priced reel but has a few more features
- Solid CNC-machined 6061-T6 aluminum alloy construction provides increased corrosion protection
- Multi-disc cork and stainless steel drag system with one-way roller clutch for instant reaction
- Clicker Drag design offers accurate adjustment
- Sealed o-ring screw cap resists dirt and grit and lost as well
- Hard anodized finish offers long-lasting performance for abrasion resistance
- Large-Arbor Design reduce line memory while also facilitating lightning-quick line pickup.
- Fully sealed carbon to stainless drag system resists dirt and grit.
- Knurled Drag Knob for easy gripping
- Quick, easy left/right conversion
- Manufacturer’s a lifetime warranty
Price $139.99 usd
availble in Gunmetal, Blue and Black
In 3/4, 5/6, 7/8 9/10
find it here PISCIFUN
There are 3 really good products with a reasonable price with good enough quality to fish for years without worry